Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my commute with added weather

I really should have slipped between the snow flurries and done my errands in town yesterday. This morning there was a little light snow and my usual 34 miles in 45 to 50 minutes took FOUR HOURS.

One very bad hill got icy and I was part of a 15 mile logjam. When I reached the urban county half an hour after we (supposedly) open I called work again, and my boss's daughter answered to say it had taken them two hours to get there. From less than ten miles away. I got to work at eleven, and left at three, much too tired to do all my errands on the way home. On the up side, going five miles per hour on roads that weren't themselves icy, I had plenty of time to look at the pretty snow on the trees. I also read a book for half an hour waiting for some blockage far ahead to be cleared.

Tired of winter.

6 comments:

  1. Even I would have turned around and gone home. Four hours???? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly seems worth it. Can't blame you one bit for being tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that sounds incredibly frustrating! I'd be awful darn tired of winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm with Sis. I'd would have turned around and gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't believe that you got those kind of roads in your neck of the woods. Now if it was our roads, I could almost believe it, but, 4 hours would have hit the top of the frustration list for me! Hope your roads get better from now in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept thinking it must clear up, since the roads I was on were no more than wet. Next time I'll give up sooner.

    ReplyDelete