Tuesday, May 11, 2010

spice drawer

When I looked at Bag Lady's spice shelves here I wondered why I don't alphabetize my spices. I alphabetize almost everything else in my life! Or else arrange by color (clothes and towels, for instance. Clothes arranged alphabetically would be really inconvenient.)

I keep my spices in the drawer under the range top:


The ones I use all the time are in front, with the jumble in the back half being things I don't use often, or, like the sage container, things I now grow. (But might run out of. The horror!)


The jars with black tops in front of the baking soda don't even show up. I promise you the cinnamon and nutmeg are there. I can reach for all of them without looking, but I can't figure out what the logic of my arrangement can be.

1 comment:

  1. As long as it makes sense to you, that's all that counts! I am having a little trouble adjusting to my new spice rack! Because I added two fairly large shelves to the bottom, I had to raise it. Now, when I reach automatically for a spice, I'm reaching too low..... :)

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete