Monday, May 27, 2013

transplanted

After several trips when I had time after work I've brought all I could from the house I sold to the new one.

Iris, lots of iris:


There were some poppies in there, but I'm not sure they have survived:


At the other front corner of the house, lots of peonies:



Up against the neighbors' fence in the back, lots of daffodils and daylilies:


And on the porch, fifteen boxwood cuttings:


Isn't it a good thing I didn't get any vegetables planted except for pots of lettuce? Watering these for the next month or so until they settle in is going to keep me quite busy.

3 comments:

  1. It's always fun to transplant things! Looks like you'll have your hands full, watering everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially since you stole my rain. Then there are weeds, which got very well established while I couldn't work outside in the pollen. Maybe next year I'll have time for vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like a huge project and it's smart to consider the watering before going too nuts on the planting. Have fun watching things grow!

    ReplyDelete