Monday, January 12, 2009

mystery sweater

I have no idea where this sweater came from. I was choosing a "good" sweater (no holes, no stains, not too much pilling) to wear to my allergist appointment this afternoon, when I saw this bit of cable knit peeking out of the bottom of the stack. "That's not my oatmeal lambswool from the eighties" I said. No, the oatmeal lambswool was on top of it. A beige-ish wool blend sweater with small cables on the body and the sleeves. A label from a company completely unknown to me. No identifying marks on the plastic shipping envelope. (Except for size and color--camel? in my day camel was nothing like that.) It doesn't look like it's been worn, and I could swear I've never seen it before. When I packed I just picked up a whole stack of brownish sweaters and put them in a box, and the same when I unpacked them. 

Now if only my camera would turn up. Remember how sure I am I packed it in something soft? If it turned into this sweater I want it back!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God - I can SO relate to this post! I have things in my closet that I have no idea where they came from. Must be ARADD (age-related attention deficit disorder)

    Does it fit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits nicely, and it was very comfortable during my three hours of driving to and from the allergist, and the five minutes I saw him. I still have no clue where it came from. It's not like I buy so many clothes that I can forget them easily.

    ReplyDelete