Sunday, June 7, 2009

seduced by flowers

Yesterday I went to the hardware store for vacuum cleaner filters and allowed a pack of portulacas to sneak into the car. (Have I done any plant moving from my old house since April? Have I weeded and dug anywhere to plant annual seeds? Do I deserve any more plants to take care of?)





When I cleaned the weeds out of this pot, I found one of last year's pansy plants surviving, with a bud. It hadn't been watered all winter except for the rain; there was plenty of rain.



2 comments:

  1. Pansies are tenacious, aren't they?

    I did a little planting today too - bought some geraniums and petunias and lobelia for pots on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really tempted to make a pun about how pansies aren't such pansies after all...

    sorry, couldn't resist.

    :) But that little guys a fighter!

    - Sagan

    ReplyDelete