Saturday, January 12, 2013

bookshelves bit by bit

I'm putting together my block-and-board shelves (remember, Kentucky has had one 4.x earthquake in my almost sixty years) slowly, gradually. I'm unboxing the books and just stacking them without trying to sort them yet. I have to move a lot of boxes out of the second floor before there is room to move the furniture around so I can put up shelves there, too. There may be room for all the books, or there may not. Experiment and find out!


The living room has a few shelves on the wall out of frame to the right, but this is the main section.


Here in the office I chose not to cover up the tree completely (I rather like it), so I put some low painted wooden shelves against that wall. At right angles you can see the top of the wall of books along a treeless wall.


What you can see here is about half the file cabinets in this room. Yes, I have archival quantities of paper.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's starting to come together nicely. Good for you that you're still plugging away. Can't wait to see pics when you're all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I find a place to put something is a high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! But I wish you hadn't mentioned earthquakes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't mention tornadoes, then....

    ReplyDelete