Wednesday, November 12, 2014

fruitcake

I made a fruitcake from one of the family recipes (the one that only takes half a dozen eggs instead of a dozen) modified according to what fruit I can get and what I like, and leaving out the figs, which I like to eat but hate cutting up. I'll make another batch before Christmas, and maybe still another, since I like to have fruitcake for my birthday in January.

The bowls of floured fruit ready to add to the batter, alternately with the cider that I'm substituting for the orange juice my great-aunt's version calls for.


Ready to go into the oven. The pan on the left is older than I am.


Out of the oven and almost cooled off enough to eat.


3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of fruitcake but those sure do look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave some fruitcake to some neighbours years ago, and they thanked me saying "I didn't think I liked fruitcake, but this was good." A recipe doesn't get passed down for a hundred and fifty years if it's not good. :)

      Delete
  2. That looks like a recipe I might actually like! Fruit cake is hit and miss with me. Looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete