Tuesday, March 3, 2009

creek




This is the creek in October without much water in it. It's the southern boundary of this property. As the daughter of someone who grew up on a creek bank having this creek is such a good feeling, but it's kind of frustrating. Because it's the boundary, it's useless as a water source for the bottom land which is the biggest piece of pasture I've got. (Several owners ago it was in tobacco.) When it rains a lot it gets to be several feet deep, but when it's been dry, it's more of a trickle, so I doubt it's a source of fish, either. 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, but it is a creek! I wish we had a creek. All we have is swamp.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS too bad, but it is very nice to look at! I love creeks.

    - Sagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sooooo lucky to have a creek running through your property! I could just sit by one forever listening to and watching the trickle of the stream. Being as I love to take photos for references for my artwork, I love to see different water pictures, and especially creeks and ponds. Thanks for letting me in on your beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're complaining about your creek! Golly, I miss the country. In fact I just miss dirt, period. I have no dirt to dig in unless I go buy some and put it in a pot.

    I wish spring would get here so I could take some walks in the park, at least. In Central Park there are places where you can't even tell you're in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Anne - your randomly generated letter is J - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just complaining about my creek because I can't complain about my non-existent cows. Running water is always special.

    J. Here we go.

    ReplyDelete