Thursday, July 16, 2009

camera fail

I stepped out the door with my cell phone in hand, in search of a signal (which I didn't find) to see a family of turkeys crossing the front yard. Two adults, a large number of young ones: at least nine, maybe eleven or twelve. They flew out of the undergrowth in staggered groups, so I couldn't count well.

The phone camera was totally inadequate for this. Through the viewfinder I couldn't even see the turkeys across the parking space. Naturally, they started flying away as soon as they spotted me, so going back for the real camera was not an option. Bright side: if I hadn't wanted to check for messages I'd never have seen them at all.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this! It has happened to me many times - either I don't have the camera, or the one I have is inadequate. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete