Monday, February 7, 2011

feet: part 4

This is the one that started me off.


I was down on the floor taking pictures of the wood you can see in the lower left (for this post) and I thought "I haven't had as good a look at those feet since I was young enough to spend a lot of time playing on the floor. I'd forgotten how interesting they are." I looked around the room from that perspective and a series (or possibly an obsession) was born.


Here we see one of my focal length failures. The front leg was supposed to be in focus, not the back one. The other attempts had both legs out of focus, because I let shutter speed rule, or perhaps I wobbled.


Another leg from my childhood. We called this the sugar chest, but my great-grandmother kept flour, sugar, and corn meal in its compartments. It's from my father's family, but where it came from and how long ago is unknown. Cherry, undoubtedly built in Kentucky, and almost certainly before the Civil War.

4 comments:

  1. I like the chair leg and I don't see a problem with your focal length photo. I think it is very interesting having the back leg in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Reb. It makes for an interesting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting, but it didn't turn out the way I intended it to--frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But very cool picture nevertheless!

    You are lucky to have so many interesting feet in your possession!

    ReplyDelete