Monday, November 10, 2008

just a little moving

Getting my father to the doctor for his checkup this morning  and to the barber for a haircut took up enough of the day that I didn't try to move much. A long time after lunch I decided not to give up on the day after all, and loaded some clothes and one of the stereos in the car. 

I got it all put away, and tested the stereo. To my relief the radio reception isn't much worse than it is here. I was worried because cell phone reception is a lot worse. 

Tomorrow I have to see about getting the truck fixed, and take as big a load as I can find time for in the Jeep. 

2 comments:

  1. I experienced a similar problem. When I bought my iPhone, I first checked with “Got Reception?” (Gotreception.com) It’s a great resource for finding out where reception problems are most likely to occur BEFORE you lock yourself with a specific carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I chose a new carrier I dragged everybody I could out to test their phones in the real world. It's not good for any carrier, but I chose the least bad. It's a white spot on all the maps.
    : ) And that was before we built a house with a metal roof.

    ReplyDelete